About our facilities...
The Department occupies the eight floors of the east wing of Russell Laboratories.
- Labs - Research laboratories on floors two to eight are extensively equipped. Modern teaching laboratories are located on the first and second floors.
- Libraries - The Departmental library is housed on the fifth floor of Russell Labs and Steenbock Memorial Library, which serves as the Ag Library, is adjacent to Russell Laboratories.
- Microscopes - The Department houses a state-of-the-art scanning electron microscope; a high-voltage electron microscope facility is located in an adjacent building.
- Growth Chambers - We are equipped with several growth chambers that have controlled light and temperature regimes for use in research and teaching.
- Greenhouses - Nearby are greenhouses and the Biotron, which provides selective control over physical conditions and permits duplication of environmental conditions almost anywhere on earth.
- Experimental Farms - Ten experimental farms located throughout Wisconsin offer various conditions for field research.
- Computing - A computer lab and Help Desk are located on the fourth floor. Individual labs are equipped with personal computers. Email and the Internet are accessed through the LAN (Local Area Network) and the campus-wide DoIT (Division of Information Technology) network. Complete statistical consulting and computing services are located nearby in the Animal Sciences Building.